Friday, December 17, 2021

Lori Wall-Holloway

Dark Cloud


In prayer with others

a picture comes

of a dark cloud

hovering above

 

Small Christmas lights 

appear blinking softly 

as they break 

through darkness

They carry miracles 

of love and illuminate 

hope forcing fog 

to dissipate as a bright 

light shines forth


I sense women around 

me were radiances

reflected in my mind

pushing back against

the encroachment of evil




Through the Eyes of a Child


“It’s a miracle! 

It’s a miracle!”

my youngest grand-

daughter repeated

with enthusiasm

while she and her sister 

decorated my condo

for Christmas


Special ornaments placed

on my tree sparked creativity

and the girls embellished

the fireplace with an overflow

to other areas of my home


When I asked Faith 

the reason 

for her exclamation 

she explained it was because 

they were able to fix up

my place for the holidays

unlike the year before

when we had to isolate

due to the pandemic


No comments:

Post a Comment

Coco

The Survivalist  They tell me that I am a Miracle of life!  Part of medical history at age two!  They carved a big C – From beneath my toddl...