Saturday, December 18, 2021

Radomir Vojtech Luza

Voices


I am so tired of trying

Tired of dying


This experiment in

Room 22B

Does not see me

Will not be


Midnight covers these four walls

Like black stalls


And I hear old men leaking

Grandmothers weeping

The gentle shrieking


Everything means nothing

Here at Grand Valley Healthcare Center

In Van Nuys, CA


One roommate is a lunatic

The other driving himself insane


Voices here

Voices there

Voices everywhere


The sound of rules 

Meant to be broken

Hardly spoken


Mornings spent flying

Afternoons sighing


Wheelchairs dotting hallways

The paralyzed and sick looking for May

Like a holiday

But settling for gray




Miracle in the Valley


Christmas comes

For the 58th time

In my life this year


And Covid is here

Omicron drinking beer


Santa Claus showing fear

Even Rudolph not so dear


But I could care less

Even though I am a mess


I am walking

Be it only two hundred yards


From bed 22B to

The physical therapy tree


Here at Grand Valley Healthcare Center

In Van Nuys, CA


With brace, boot, shoe and walker

I shimmy and shake

Anything but a fake


Giving myself a chance

In this deep, dark and dank lake

Only I stop and eat cake

Like an official flake


Yet no one can take away

My progress or my dreams


I will not allow either

To slip through the seams

Or go to terrible extremes


This experiment on paper

Costing reams


Forward steaming

On no one else leaning


Putting only on greens

Forgotten by the obscene and mean


On this Gibraltar

For the serene 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Coco

The Survivalist  They tell me that I am a Miracle of life!  Part of medical history at age two!  They carved a big C – From beneath my toddl...