Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Shih-Fang Wang

Bring Back Happiness


In time like this when all is bleak

We need something to look forward to

Let’s do a miracle experiment 

To bring back happiness


Try to tear down the fortress 

Where fear hides 

Don't let it impedes

The entrance for hope


Demolish the formidable wall 

That protects frustration and      

Blocks our forward-looking vision 


Trash that cowardness as 

It readily surrenders to ill fate

And thwarts our confidence


Let’s revive our courage

Recover positive perspective

Follow sage’s motto

Stand tall, be a fighter


With strong willpower

Strip away dark clouds 

Shutting out sunlight

Restore the bright future 

Assuring a stronghold for happiness 




Miracle Experiment 


In my idling mind

Muse serendipitously alights

I cling to its wings

Let it take me for a flight


Over the tree tops

I see far and wide

Riding on wind

I tousle tree leaves

Stir up dust into haze

Chase butterflies

Follow bees to hives


Wandering in fantasy land 

I let genie hold my hand

Inspiration guide my pen

Jotting down whatever

Words imparted to me

Novel ideas beyond my imagination

Spurt out from fount of inspiration

 

I need not to engineer anything hard

Just sail along with the current

Let it take me to places 

Full of wonders and surprises

I never dreamed about  


Dazedly, I am lifted to a new height 

My feelings are sharper, perceptions keener

Quick thoughts heavenly bestowed  

Allow me to improvise poems like

Do little miracle experiments




Miracle or Experiment


A new life, tender and soft

Is a miracle bestowed by Heaven

Soon it is turned into  

A living experiment of itself


The duration, long or short

Path, smooth or bumpy

Seemingly are preordained 

Fairness is not a rule 

In this life experiment


We are geared with  

Free will and volition to 

Conduct our own experiment

Each step we engage 

Impacts the outcome


At times an unseen hand 

Meddles in our course

Forcing us to deviate from

The favorable pathway


Who is the interjector?

Still the creator of life?

Yet our courage allows us to 

Create miracles against all odds


No comments:

Post a Comment

Coco

The Survivalist  They tell me that I am a Miracle of life!  Part of medical history at age two!  They carved a big C – From beneath my toddl...